As an organization that serves local business—big and small, the Durham Chamber of Commerce is proud to join with American Express to support the 10th annual Small Business Saturday®, Nov 30th.
Small Business Saturday was founded by American Express in 2010 to help strengthen local economies. It has since become a holiday shopping tradition and part of a nationwide Shop Small® Movement dedicated to supporting all kinds of small businesses. From the corner store to your favorite diner to a trendy online boutique, it’s unique small businesses like yours that help local communities stay vibrant.
Participating in Small Business Saturday is a great way to reach new customers and promote your business. Here are some tips for getting involved on Nov 30th:
- Let your customers know that you plan to participate in Small Business Saturday. Visit AmericanExpress.com/MarketingSupport for free promotional assets, such as ready-made social posts, to show your support.
- Connect with your community. Contact us to see how your business can participate in Small Business Saturday events and promotions.
- If you’re a qualified American Express® Card–accepting merchant, you can get recommended to potential customers simply because you welcome the Card. Learn more at AmericanExpress.com/PromoteYourBusiness.
As part of your Durham Chamber membership, we can help build awareness of your business throughout the community via our social media channels and our blog. But we can only do so if you let us know about the great products and services you have to offer customers. Between now and November 30th, the Durham Chamber will promote those small business members who choose to answer the following questions and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the name and description of your company?
- How long have you been in business?
- Who is your target customer?
- Why did you choose to open your business in Durham?
- Why did you join the Durham Chamber?
Join us and American Express Nov 30th to celebrate the 10th Small Business Saturday. Here’s to growing your business!