Tips on What You Can Do to Help Small Businesses
By NC Main Street & Rural Planning Center / Published 03.27.20Back to Feed
SMALL BUSINESSES NEED CUSTOMERS! TIPS TO SUPPORT THE LOCAL ECONOMY
- Stay Healthy, Wash Your Hands Often, and Follow the NC Department of Health & Human Services Guidelines.
- Follow the Social Media Channels for Small Businesses in your Community.
- Connect Virtually with Small Businesses for Products and Services.
- Comment and Share Posts from Small Businesses.
- Shop Small/Shop Local Online or Over the Telephone.
- Leave 5-Star Reviews for Businesses that You LOVE.
- Order Take-Out from Local Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Bakeries, etc.
- Promote Your Positive Experiences on Social Media.
- Buy Gift Cards NOW and Use Them Later.
- Buy Items NOW for Future Pick Up or Put Them on Layaway.
- Tip Generously.
- Maintain Subscriptions to Health Clubs, Coffee Clubs, etc.
- Participate in Virtual Events and Activities Offered by Businesses.
- Help a Small Business Owner with Childcare.
- If You Know a Small Business Owner, Ask How You Can Help Them!