48th Annual Durham CROP Hunger Walk
By Durham Chamber of Commerce / Published 03.24.22Back to Feed
Durham CROP Hunger Walk registration is open
The needs of the hungry in the Durham community and worldwide are greater than ever! Join us this year for the 48th Annual Durham CROP Hunger Walk on Sunday, April 10th at Duke Chapel, 401 Chapel Drive, Durham, NC. Invite your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers to this fun, family friendly 5k walk with music and educational activities for all ages.
Preparing for the Walk
- Register and set up your team page online so you don’t have to handle cash and checks.
- Attend one of two Team Captain Rallies scheduled for Thursday, February 17th from 6:00-8:00 p.m. or Saturday, February 19th from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Both rallies will be held at First Presbyterian Church, 305 E. Main Street, Durham, NC. Pick up brochures, bulletin inserts, and other walk promotional materials. Walk t-shirts will be available for a minimum donation of $4.00.
- Set your fundraising goal and recruit walkers and sponsors to support you.
- We remain vigilant in the fight against COVID-19 and ask Walkers to practice social distancing and bring a mask.
- Registration for teams and individuals begins at 1:30 p.m.
- Visit our Global Village starting at 1:30 p.m. and learn about the local and global impact of your support.
- Step off is at 2:30 p.m.
- Take pictures and videos about why you walk and share them on social media using #Endhungernow and #DurhamCROPWalk.
Instructions for Walk Donations
- Please encourage walkers to donate online so you don’t have to handle cash and checks.
- For walkers who choose to send a check, make checks payable to CWS/CROP and deposit at any branch of SunTrust Bank into Savings Acct. #812162452. Team Captains will be provided deposit slips. Be sure your team’s name is on each slip. THIS IS HOW WE KNOW WHICH TEAM TO CREDIT. If you deposit without one of our slips, please email the information to email@example.com so that we can credit your team. Endorse the checks (made out to CWS/CROP) with: For deposit only. Durham CWS/CROP Acct. #812162452.
Our local agencies and CWS need our support even more today. Together we can make a big difference in the lives of our neighbors locally and globally. For more information, visit here.