Vision 3D is a four-year, $2 million economic development initiative of the Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce designed to bolster business development, job creation and community image, ensuring economic prosperity for Durham and its residents.
The Chamber has a track record of successful economic development. With continued support from the public and private sectors, we will continue that success well into the future.
Vision 3D is comprised of three core areas:
- Economic Development
- Talent & Workforce Development
- Community Development
Vision 3D – Measurable Four-Year Goals
- Increase employment by more than 9,000 jobs. (Includes direct, indirect and induced jobs) (Our goal for direct jobs is to average 10% above the Durham average wage.)
- 50 new and/or expanded businesses
- Increase private capital investment by $1billion
- Create $737 million in new local earnings
- Increase disposable personal income from new jobs created by $626 million
- Increase Net Personal Consumption Expenditures by $570 million
- Expand deposit potential for area financial institutions by $169 million
Vision 3D Contributors
Special thanks to the following companies and organizations that have made the commitment to Durham by supporting Vision 3D.
- ABC 11
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountacts
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Capitol Broadcasting Company
- Duke Energy Carolinas
- Duke University
- Duke University Health System
- Fairway Outdoor Advertising
- The Herald Sun
- Measurement Incorporated
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Quintiles Transnational Corp.
- Research Triangle Park Foundation
- SunTrust Banks, Inc.
- Triangle Business Journal
- Triangle Orthopedic Associates
- Wachovia Bank
- Cormtech Environmental Technologies
- Independence Park/Blue Ridge Properties
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kimley Horn & Associates
- Moore & Van Allen, PLLC
- Morris, Manning & Martin, L.L.P.
- O’Brien/Atkins Associates, P.A.
- PSNC Energy
- RBC Bank
- Bank of America
- Bovis Lend Lease
- Cardinal State Bank
- Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Durham’s Partnership for Children
- Family Health International
- KeySource Commercial Bank
- M&F Bank
- Proforma Print Souce
- Teer Associates
- Williams Mullin
- Joseph C. Woodard Printing Co.
The Development Council
The Development Council is a group of influential business leaders willing to publicly endorse the project; and support and educate others as to the value of the programs and projects of Vision 3D. The group acts as a resource from which the campaign office selects volunteer workers for the campaign. Membership on the Development Council is strictly on a volunteer basis.
Vision 3D General Chairmen
Dr. Victor Dzau
Duke University Health System
Vision 3D Honorary Chairman
Robert Ingram – GlaxoSmithKline
Advance Division Chairman
William Shore – GlaxoSmithKline
Leadership Division Chairman
Earl Tye – BB&T
Pacesetter Division Chairman
Keith Burns – Morris, Manning & Martin, L.L.P.
Community Division Chairman
Anthony Pugliese – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Development Council Co-Chairs
- MaryAnn E. Black – Duke University Health System
- William Brian, Esq. – K&L Gates, LLP
- William Kalkhof – Downtown Durham, Inc.
- Jerry O’Keeffe – PSNC Energy
- Carolyn Titus – Durham County Government
- John Wagner – Merck & Co., Inc.
- Carver Weaver – Square One Marketing
- Rick Weddle – Research Triangle Foundation
- Dr. Phail Wynn, Jr. – Duke University
- Lisa Yarborough – SunTrust Bank