Cineflix Inc. produces a documentary series called “American Pickers” which explores the fascinating world of antique ‘picking’. The fourth season premiered in December 2011 on the History Channel. And now they’re coming to North Carolina!
The high profile show follows two of the most skilled pickers in the business ‘Mike Wolfe’ and ‘Frank Fritz’ as they embark on an epic road trip across the US. The show offers a fascinating insight into what it’s like to be the men on the ground who are on the frontlines of the antique industry. The show follows the pickers in their truck as they go on a mission in search of America’s most fascinating and valuable antiques – treasures that have been long forgotten in junkyards and barns across the country.
The team tracks down unique and interesting items from motorcycles, classic cars and bicycles to one-of-a-kind vintage memorabilia. The series follows the highs and lows of the trade as our team gets their hands dirty in the search of weird and wonderful hidden treasures. The show examines how determination and amazing instincts drive the pickers to salvage the good junk from the bad junk. On the adventure our team meets fascinating characters along the way each with a story to tell about the history of their collection and their own lives. Mike and Frank bring the past to life and recycle America as they go. On the way, we explore how our pickers strike the ultimate deal and discover just what it takes to renovate and re-sell a newly found antique in a competitive market.
If you have any of the following items, please contact AmericanPickers@cineflix.com or call 646-493-2184. Please leave your name, number, town and state and the items you have along with pictures you think Mike and Frank will be interested in.
- Motor scooters:
- Vespas, Lambretta, Cushman
- Old advertising signage
- Vintage Motorcycles
- Bicycles (1940’s or earlier)
- Unusual radios: transistor /Tabletop
- Old toys: tin, wind-up, cast iron
- Pre 50’s vending machines
- Pinball and slot machines
- Old Movie Posters
- Antique casino/gaming machines
- Vintage movie memorabilia
- Vintage advertising Items
- Vintage concert posters & T-shirts
- Early Boy Scout items
- Pre 60’s vintage diner collectibles
- Pre 60’s TV merchandise
- Pre 50’s western/equestrian Gear
- Classic motorcycle memorabilia
- Old rodeo items
- Airline collectibles
- Pan-Am, TWA, Etc.
- Late 70’s & earlier military Items
- Bizarre mobster memorabilia
- Vintage police officer collectibles
- Pre 40’s telephones
- Folk art
- Vintage BB Guns/ Cap Guns
- Early Halloween items
- Pre 40’s Christmas items
- Hawaiiana/ Tiki Collectibles
- Vintage sports collectibles
- Vintage election Memorabilia
- Musical instruments
- Civil War antiques
- Vintage gas pumps
- Pre 70’s old neon signs
- Strange woodcarvings
- Vintage collegiate Collectibles
*NOTE: Only large collections will be considered for the show.