The Research Triangle Park (RTP) is the largest research park in the country and one of the largest in the world.
Home to more than 200 global companies including IBM, , Syngenta Biotechnology, RTI International, BASF, and Cisco. RTP fosters a culture of innovation, education, and industry.
RTP is located between three major universities: Duke University in Durham, North Carolina State University in Raleigh, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Through five decades, the Park still holds to its founders’ aspirations: to generate economic activity, engage the talents of local graduates and citizens and carry North Carolina forward to ever-greater prominence and prosperity.
Research Triangle Park Quick Facts:
- Largest science park in the United States
- 7,000 acres
- 22.5 million sq. ft. of built space
- 200 global companies
- 50,000+ high-tech employees
- 80% work for multi-national companies
- Combined annual payroll of $2.9B
- Park Center Plan introduced in 2016
- The Frontier, a mixed-use space, including free co-working and drop in meeting space is the flagship building of Park Center.
RTP events highlighting everything from local food to big data spotlight the buzzing activity at RTP and in the surrounding area. Always looking ahead, the RTP staff finds ways to stay relevant in a changing global business environment.Download Data