Twice a month, Durham Chamber staff pick a local restaurant and head that way for lunch; we call it “Eating Our Way Through Durham.” This Friday we are headed to The Refectory Cafe (2726 Chapel Hill Blvd.). The Refectory is ranked as one of the Top 10 Restaurants in Durham. But besides having a great menu, The Refectory is making a difference in the lives of Durham’s children and families. Every Monday the restaurant supplies “clean food” in support of Healthy Families Durham to the Center for Child and Family Health.
Here are the TOP 10 Reasons to Have a Meal at The Refectory Cafe
- Won the best VEGAN friendly restaurant in Durham County in 2015
- Won the Duke Environmental Leadership award 4 times
- Does an amazing dinner Monday through Friday with Table Service and arguably the BEST fresh catch fish & seafood in town
- Is ranked 6th for the BEST BRUNCH in Durham, weekends 9am-3pm
- Is committed to using as much LOCAL product as possible always featuring local produce, grass-fed local beef, local spirits & beer
- Has gorgeous patio seating made from the wood salvaged from American Tobacco warehouses in the 80’s.
- Makes sustainable cold pressed juice on the premises – keeping their fans healthy one amazing juice at a time!
- Has their own product line, MI.NU.ME (pronounced MY.NEW.ME) that is all plant based and sustainable Mi.Nu.Me stands for Micro Nutrient Meals
- Makes all of their desserts on the premises with organic, never bleached or bromated flour
- Won the “Best Chili in Durham”, up against the meat guys, with a Vegan Gluten-Free recipe