The Power Plant Gallery invites mobile phone photographers from all walks of life to submit images of Durham County taken with mobile phone cameras or other hand held devices.
With support from Museo Digital Fine Art Media, a select number of photographs from the open call will be printed for exhibition at the Power Plant Gallery, opening May 29, 2015. Subsequently all photographs chosen for printing will be added to the Archives of Documentary Arts at the Rubenstein Library at Duke University.
- The photograph must be taken inside the limits of Durham County. The photographer need not be a resident.
- All qualities of phone/digital hand device are accepted – from the flip phone, to the smartphone, to the tablet
- Limit 5 photographs per person
- Provide as much information on the photograph as possible, including date, address or coordinates and any description information
- Please include your first and last name, and phone number where you can be reached
- Initial Deadline: April 15, 2015 (to be considered for the full exhibition. Submissions will be accept until August 22)
- Send your largest file size to:
- –Email or text: firstname.lastname@example.org
- –In person: During gallery hours staff will be on hand to assist you in downloading your images from your device. Please call ahead to confirm we are open: 919-660-3622
- –Snail Mail for a DVD or CD:
Power Plant Gallery
C/O Center for Documentary Studies
1317 Pettigrew St.
Durham, NC 27705
Contact: email@example.com with any questions.