The Honorable Pat McCrory, 74th Governor of the State of North Carolina, will be our guest speaker for this year’s Legislative Forum on Dec. 14 at 3 p.m. at the Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club.
Governor McCrory will be joining us to speak to the statewide bond package that will come before voters in 2016. This bond seeks to support the UNC system, community colleges, state parks, National Guard and county and municipal governments. Here is an outline of several areas within the bond package:
- $980 million – UNC System
- $350 million – NC Community College System
- $179 million for agricultural research facilities including a new “Plant Sciences Building” at N.C. State University and a new science lab for the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
- $75 million dedicated to improvements for state parks
- $309 million will help county and municipal governments.