By Kathy Hoffmeier
HURRAY for our new web site! I hope you love it as much as we do!
As you browse the site, I encourage you to check out the Talent & Workforce Development section detailing our efforts to enhance Durham/RTP’s “home-grown” talent pipeline.
Very few chambers of commerce have staff dedicated to T&WD issues. Kudos to our chamber leadership for recognizing that TALENT goes hand in hand with community AND business success! Our focus runs the gamut from …
- Promoting quality daycare to foster quality brain development for children from birth through age 5, while allowing parents to become an active part of the workforce (thus helping today and tomorrow’s workforce!)
- Supporting the DPS Superintendent’s Strategic Initiative for One Vision: One Durham
- K-5 Literacy – seeking measurable results with positive outcomes
- Seeking internships and job shadowing opportunities for students and teachers, grades 6-12
- Annual Event: Youth Career EXPO for Durham students, grades 7-11 and their parents or guardians (November 10, 2011)
- College2Careers – connecting postsecondary talent to Durham/RTP jobs
- Connect training resources for the under-employed, unemployed and individuals with barriers (i.e. criminal records)
We invite you to get engaged in the Talent & Workforce Development conversation! Feel free to contact me at khoffmeier AT durhamchamber DOT org for more info or check out the Talent & Workforce Development section of the site!