The Art of Cool Project is bringing the coolest music festival to downtown Durham in April 2014. But before they can make that happen, they need YOUR support to prove to large sponsors and stakeholders that there is community buy-in with numbers and with cash dollars through pledges through the Art of Cool’s Kickstarter campaign.
The Festival includes:
- Free Festival Kick Off Party on Friday complete with live music and a food truck rodeo at Durham Central Park
- Free Outdoor Stage for the Ultimate Day Party to be held at American Tobacco on Saturday. This will include family friendly programming and kids activities.
- Multiple Indoor Venues for the Club Pass Series on Friday and Saturday Nights. These venues are: Motorco Music Hall, Pinhook, Casbah and PSI Theatre and the Durham Arts Council.
- Two Night Headliner Series at The Carolina Theatre featuring one legendary jazz icon and one rising star.
- VIP Venues: There will be a VIP experience for this festival which will include access to “secret” areas on the festival footprint.
- Panel Discussions: Discussion will be held at Full Steam Brewery. This discussion will be around the word jazz and its link to hip hop culture. Local jazz leaders will be on the panel.
- Master Classes: Premier performers to hold master classes on neighboring university campuses.
The campaign runs though August 5 –just one week left! There are a number of perk levels in which you can support, from an individual give to a pledge as a business.
Click here to support this great event!