SBA is now accepting nominations for its 2016 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year. Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy.
The dedicated website http://awards.sba.gov provides criteria and guidelines for submitting a nomination. For 2016, the nomination criteria have been streamlined and simplified. In years past there were multiple forms, letters and documents required; now the nominees are only required to submit one form and questionnaire.
SBA Awards given in celebration of National Small Business Week, May 2-6, 2016, include the following:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- Exporter of the Year
- Federal Procurement Awards – 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Awards to SBA Resource Partners
- Small Business & Technology Development Center (SBTDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center of the Year
All nominations must be submitted no later than 3 p.m. EST, Monday, Jan. 11, 2016. In addition to the website, North Carolina nominations can also be sent directly to: U.S. Small Business Administration, North Carolina District Office, Attn: April Gonzalez, 6302 Fairview Road, Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28210, For information contact April Gonzalez, 704-344-6811 or email@example.com.